Working at British Swim School is so much more than just employment, it’s an opportunity to teach children and adults skills that may save their life. How amazing is that?! As part of the BSS Team, you are instrumental is working towards our mission, “To ensure that every person, regardless of age or ability, has the opportunity to be a safe and happy swimmer.” It’s a chance to be part of a fun-loving team of dedicated people who are committed to promoting water safety and a lifelong love of the water.
Mon,Tues, Wed, Thur between 3:00pm-8:30pm
Weekend Mornings between 8:00am-1:30pm
Hyde Park, Lakeshore East, Goldcoast, East Lakeview
- Enthusiastic, assertive personality with strong relationship and customer service skills.
- Effectively communicate with customers and employees, bi-lingual is a plus.
- Disciplined to follow schedules and enforce safety procedures as well as follow policies, teaching methods and procedures of British Swim School.
- Able to demonstrate swim strokes appropriately.
- Reports directly to the Aquatics Director and/or Business Owner(s)
- Instructs swimming lessons in accordance with British Swim School training and standards
- Conduct classes in a fun and gentle environment, following current teaching methods, policies and safety and emergency procedures as detailed in the British Swim School teacher training manual and as directed by the Aquatics Director.
- Follows all British Swim School policies, rules, regulations and procedures, including emergency and safety procedures. Completes incident and accident reports as necessary.
- Work a flexible schedule that may include holidays and weekends as required by business needs and as requested by management.
- Work in an environment where noise levels are usually moderate to high and stand in the water for up to 5 consecutive hours.
- Must be able to demonstrate swim instructor skills in accordance with British Swim School standards
- Must complete all required British Swim School Aquatics specific training
- Must complete CPR/AED & First Aid training within 90 days of employment
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community and successful clearance of background check
Working at British Swim School is so much more than just a job...it’s an opportunity to leave a legacy that may transform a child’s life.
Since 1981, British Swim School has been offering swimming lessons for babies, children, and adults, focusing first on critical water survival skills needed to survive a water accident, then progressing to stroke development and more advanced skills. Dubbed as one of the fastest-growing franchises in the U.S. and Canada, we teach over 27,000 swimming lessons per week using our signature fun and gentle methods.
The British Swim School team is a nationwide franchise system of independent business owners who are dedicated to our mantra of ‘Survival of the Littlest’ for their local families.
Why join British Swim School?
- Safe & happy work environment – where else might you get to sing at work?
- Flexible work schedules and hours – making this a great role for students, parents and anyone with a busy lifestyle!
- Rewarding job with competitive pay – all while making a true difference in your community!
Each franchise location is independently owned and operated by a franchisee (franchise owner). Your application will go directly to the franchisee, and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of this franchisee. All inquiries about employment at this franchisee should be made directly to the franchise location, and not to British Swim School Corporate.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)