Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Enthusiastic, assertive personality with strong relationship and customer service skills
- Effective and influential leadership in a fun environment built on trust
- Written and oral communication skills
- Effectively communicate with children, customers and employees
- Strong aquatics acumen with collaboration skills
- Disciplined to follow and enforce schedules, company policies and enforce safety procedures based on Franchise expectations
- Ability to lead, supervise, train and coach associates, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments
- Critical thinking, problem solving, analysis and strategic planning
- Ability to multi-task among a variety of programs
- Able to demonstrate and/or have knowledge of freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke and butterfly swim strokes
- Reports to and communicates directly with the Aquatics Director and the Franchise Business Owner
- Attend staff meetings and ongoing training/coaching as requested by Aquatics manager/director or Franchise owner
- Hire, supervise, support, train, coach, develop and retain a dynamic team of swim instructors and deck ambassadors
- Identify areas of opportunity, develop and execute action plans to address challenges and improve results in customer retention, revenue and expense containment through aquatics employees
- Conduct training, reviews, recognition and individual development of aquatics staff, when needed
- Work a flexible schedule that may include holidays and weekends as required by business needs
- Manage underperforming aquatics associates utilizing personal improvement plans, coaching and disciplinary tools to improve or terminate unsatisfactory performance with consultation of Franchise Business Owner and Human Resources Manager where applicable
- Manage staff schedule of aquatics team including time off requests
- Conduct classes when needed
- Communicate with customers and resolve any issues in a timely manner
- Regular and frequent site visits (4x per week)
- Ensure classes and training adhere to current company brand standards
- Ensure pool locations have proper inventory of supplies for lessons
- Ensure that all water and safety standards are maintained at the pools
- Ensure strong execution of all programs
- Attending appropriate ongoing training locally and with corporate
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Aquatics Director or Franchise Business Owner
- American Red Cross Lifeguard or equivalent (preferred)
- CPR/ First Aid Certification (preferred)
- Successful completion of aquatics leadership training through British Swim School Corporate (post hire)
Working at British Swim School is so much more than just a job...it’s an opportunity to leave a legacy that may transform a child’s life.
Since 1981, British Swim School has been offering swimming lessons for babies, children, and adults, focusing first on critical water survival skills needed to survive a water accident, then progressing to stroke development and more advanced skills. Dubbed as one of the fastest-growing franchises in the U.S. and Canada, we teach over 27,000 swimming lessons per week using our signature fun and gentle methods.
The British Swim School team is a nationwide franchise system of independent business owners who are dedicated to our mantra of ‘Survival of the Littlest’ for their local families.
Why join British Swim School?
- Safe & happy work environment – where else might you get to sing at work?
- Flexible work schedules and hours – making this a great role for students, parents and anyone with a busy lifestyle!
- Rewarding job with competitive pay – all while making a true difference in your community!
Each franchise location is independently owned and operated by a franchisee (franchise owner). Your application will go directly to the franchisee, and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of this franchisee. All inquiries about employment at this franchisee should be made directly to the franchise location, and not to British Swim School Corporate.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)