Become a part-time swim instructor and/or Aquatics Team Leader with British Swim School and enjoy your job! If you are looking for flexible hours (weekdays and/or weekends) and want to work with a great team, please read further.
1. 43 Junction Road, Toronto
2. 5077 Dixie RoadMississauga (Eglington/Dixie), close to Etobicoke
- Conduct classes in a fun and gentle environment, following current teaching methods, policies and safety and emergency procedures as detailed in the British Swim School training manual and as directed by the Aquatics Manager
- Work a flexible schedule that may include holidays and weekends as required by business needs and as requested by management
- Report to and communicate directly with Aquatics Manager
- Be correctly dressed in British Swim School uniform and prepared poolside at least 15 minutes before the start of your first lesson
- Attend staff meetings and ongoing training/coaching as requested by Aquatics Manager
- Work in an environment where noise levels are usually moderate to high and stand in the water for up to 5 consecutive hours
- Observing classes and performing coaching reports to ensure proper safety protocols and swim techniques are being followed to British Swim School brand standards
- Conducting monthly in-service meetings and on-going training for the instructor team
- Speaking to parents/customers about their children’s progress
- Enthusiastic personality
- Highschool completion
- Experience working with children
- Experience in water/Swimming experience: 1-2 years preferred
- Preference, but not a mandatory requirement for Lifeguard, CPR and First Aid
- You need to be upbeat and ready to enjoy having fun at work
- Flexible schedules - shifts between 3 to 5 hours; easy to schedule around other jobs or studies with highly competitive pay.
- Being welcomed into a warm, fun culture with mission-driven managers who give back to the community and their staff.
- The opportunity for growth (hours, role, seniority) in a business with massive expansion opportunities.
- Structured, paid training (including first aid certification as needed).
- Extra paid birthday time off
- You will receive in-depth online and hands on training that will stay with you the rest of your professional career
- Warm pools and small class sizes
Working at British Swim School is so much more than just a job...it’s an opportunity to leave a legacy that may transform a child’s life.
Since 1981, British Swim School has been offering swimming lessons for babies, children, and adults, focusing first on critical water survival skills needed to survive a water accident, then progressing to stroke development and more advanced skills. Dubbed as one of the fastest-growing franchises in the U.S. and Canada, we teach over 27,000 swimming lessons per week using our signature fun and gentle methods.
The British Swim School team is a nationwide franchise system of independent business owners who are dedicated to our mantra of ‘Survival of the Littlest’ for their local families.
Why join British Swim School?
- Safe & happy work environment – where else might you get to sing at work?
- Flexible work schedules and hours – making this a great role for students, parents and anyone with a busy lifestyle!
- Rewarding job with competitive pay – all while making a true difference in your community!
Each franchise location is independently owned and operated by a franchisee (franchise owner). Your application will go directly to the franchisee, and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of this franchisee. All inquiries about employment at this franchisee should be made directly to the franchise location, and not to British Swim School Corporate.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)