Compensation and Benefits (dependent on franchise owner)
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Paid training
- Opportunities for internal advancement
At British Swim School, we teach fun swim lessons, but that’s not all! We shoot through the water like torpedoes toward our swimmers’ goals! We are a team of fun-loving people that are serious about saving lives and having fun while doing it!
Working at British Swim School you will notice that...
- We look for bright, energetic people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once while happily asking, “is that all you’ve got?”
- In return for your efforts, you’ll have an opportunity to work for a fast-growing, creative, and culture-driven company with a prudent opportunity for growth. You’ll also get to help promote a life-changing learning experience and growing team every day.
Your Typical Responsibilities:
- Reports directly to and supports the Aquatics Manager and/or Business Owner(s).
- Instructs swimming lessons in accordance with British Swim School training and program standards, maintaining certifications throughout employment.
- Work a flexible schedule that may include evenings (3pm-7pm), weekends (8am- 1pm), and holidays as required by business needs.
- Work in an environment where noise levels are usually moderate to high and be in the water for the duration of the shift.
- High school diploma, equivalent, or in the process of completion. "Teenagers are welcome to apply'
- Enthusiastic personality.
- Comfortable in and around the water. Strong swimming skills are a plus but can be taught and developed!
- Must maintain certifications throughout the length of employment.
- Must complete all required British Swim School Aquatics-specific training and testing.
- Experience working with children,
- Experience working in other swim schools such as Aquatots Swim School and Goldfish Swim School.
- Swimming experience: 1-2 years preferred but not required.
- Customer service skills: 1 year preferred
- Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED Certification(s) preferred (but can be obtained during training)
Here at British Swim School, we are more than just a fun, surface-level swim lesson provider. We strive to make a substantial impact within our communities to combat the tragically high child drowning statistics. We invest in quality team members to teach our lessons with the mindset that we are two schools in one, a survival school first and a learn-to-swim school second. As a result, we can support our mission “to ensure that every person, regardless of age or ability, has the opportunity to become a safe and happy swimmer”.
Working at British Swim School is so much more than just a job...it’s an opportunity to leave a legacy that may transform a child’s life.
Since 1981, British Swim School has been offering swimming lessons for babies, children, and adults, focusing first on critical water survival skills needed to survive a water accident, then progressing to stroke development and more advanced skills. Dubbed as one of the fastest-growing franchises in the U.S. and Canada, we teach over 27,000 swimming lessons per week using our signature fun and gentle methods.
The British Swim School team is a nationwide franchise system of independent business owners who are dedicated to our mantra of ‘Survival of the Littlest’ for their local families.
Why join British Swim School?
- Safe & happy work environment – where else might you get to sing at work?
- Flexible work schedules and hours – making this a great role for students, parents and anyone with a busy lifestyle!
- Rewarding job with competitive pay – all while making a true difference in your community!
Each franchise location is independently owned and operated by a franchisee (franchise owner). Your application will go directly to the franchisee, and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of this franchisee. All inquiries about employment at this franchisee should be made directly to the franchise location, and not to British Swim School Corporate.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)