- Provide competent, safe instruction using recognized lead-up skills as established by British Swim School
- Plan and effectively organize a class time for maximum practice.
- This is accomplished through weekly lesson plans.
- Teach with encouragement and positive reinforcement.
- Provide consistency in instruction by working each assigned period.
- Facilitate the certification process with the swim lesson supervisors.
- Promote good public relations by talking with parents before and after class, not during.
- Dress appropriately for all classes.
- Turn in required paperwork. Benefits
- Leadership Role
- Ability to instruct swimming lessons
- Knowledge of swimming strokes and teaching levels
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Experience in public facility management
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work without supervision
- Ability to lead and motivate staff.
- Must pass a background check
Working at British Swim School is so much more than just a job...it’s an opportunity to leave a legacy that may transform a child’s life.
Since 1981, British Swim School has been offering swimming lessons for babies, children, and adults, focusing first on critical water survival skills needed to survive a water accident, then progressing to stroke development and more advanced skills. Dubbed as one of the fastest-growing franchises in the U.S. and Canada, we teach over 27,000 swimming lessons per week using our signature fun and gentle methods.
The British Swim School team is a nationwide franchise system of independent business owners who are dedicated to our mantra of ‘Survival of the Littlest’ for their local families.
Why join British Swim School?
- Safe & happy work environment – where else might you get to sing at work?
- Flexible work schedules and hours – making this a great role for students, parents and anyone with a busy lifestyle!
- Rewarding job with competitive pay – all while making a true difference in your community!
Each franchise location is independently owned and operated by a franchisee (franchise owner). Your application will go directly to the franchisee, and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of this franchisee. All inquiries about employment at this franchisee should be made directly to the franchise location, and not to British Swim School Corporate.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)