- Enthusiastic, assertive personality with strong relationship and customer service skills.
- Effectively communicate with customers and employees.
- Disciplined to follow schedules and enforce safety procedures as well as follow policies, teaching methods, and procedures of British Swim School.
- Able to multi-task in a changing environment with priorities in order.
- Reports to and communicates directly with Operations Manager or Franchise Business Owner.
- Be present and correctly dressed in British Swim School uniform at least 30 minutes before the start of the first lesson of the day.
- Create positive first impressions and facilitate appropriate orientation for new families.
- Ensure proper set-up, maintenance and break down of on-site marketing and merchandising at poolside and throughout the property. Clear, clean and organize all appropriate collateral and materials at the end of every shift. Ensure merchandise is properly stocked, displayed properly, signed with pricing, sold/ordered to customers’ needs and input into POS (Jackrabbit) correctly.
- Check students in for swim class and to ensure that children are placed with the proper instructor and communicated on the lesson board.
- Facilitate move-ups correctly with photographs, and proper take-home materials, and celebrate birthdays and milestones appropriately both at the pool and through social media when possible.
- Take and post photos and videos appropriately to social media in a personal manner and encourage families to follow, like, comment and share.
- Manage class schedules, attendance, lesson board, and report attendance.
- Ensures the Water Watchers program is deployed at all locations (contractually required at LA Fitness) and appropriate events.
- Attend staff meetings and ongoing training/coaching as requested by the Operations Manager or Franchise Business Owner.
- Answer all customer questions and concerns in a timely and professional manner and resolve complaints and issues.
- Promote sales for new enrollments, twice-a-week classes, no-drops, and siblings.
- Assist instructors from the pool deck when they request assistance.
- Ensure that all areas of the pool deck are kept safe and clean and that all pool safety regulations, policies, and procedures are being followed at all times.
- Document and report accidents and injuries to the supervisor as soon as possible.
- Check all water quality, temperature, and chemical levels prior to the first scheduled class of the day and rechecked periodically.
- Work a flexible schedule that may include holidays and weekends as required by business needs and as requested by management.
- Work in an environment where noise levels are usually moderate to high.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Operations Manager or Franchise Business Owner.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
COMPENSATION AND REWARDS
- Competitive compensation
- Structured, paid training including lifeguard certification
- A position filled with purpose and fun
- A dynamic and rewarding corporate culture that fits your personality
- Opportunities for internal advancement
- Flexible schedules - shifts are 4-5 hours; easy to schedule around school or other jobs.
- You get your Birthday off paid.
Working at British Swim School is so much more than just a job...it’s an opportunity to leave a legacy that may transform a child’s life.
Since 1981, British Swim School has been offering swimming lessons for babies, children, and adults, focusing first on critical water survival skills needed to survive a water accident, then progressing to stroke development and more advanced skills. Dubbed as one of the fastest-growing franchises in the U.S. and Canada, we teach over 27,000 swimming lessons per week using our signature fun and gentle methods.
The British Swim School team is a nationwide franchise system of independent business owners who are dedicated to our mantra of ‘Survival of the Littlest’ for their local families.
Why join British Swim School?
- Safe & happy work environment – where else might you get to sing at work?
- Flexible work schedules and hours – making this a great role for students, parents and anyone with a busy lifestyle!
- Rewarding job with competitive pay – all while making a true difference in your community!
Each franchise location is independently owned and operated by a franchisee (franchise owner). Your application will go directly to the franchisee, and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of this franchisee. All inquiries about employment at this franchisee should be made directly to the franchise location, and not to British Swim School Corporate.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)